Shotgun Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Some Walmart's in Arkansas has been seeing alot of ammo. I been watching at one for AA 28ga 100 ct 7.5 . We can buy 3 100 ct boxes. I dont have very many 28 ga hulls. But i been buying either 100 ct or 25 ct boxes when i find them. Most one's i went by have alot of 28ga. But mostly federal top gun 3/4 oz 7.5, 8 or 9. And federal game loads in 1 oz 6's.
They have a ton of steel shot ammo. I seen some 20 and alot of 12ga dove loads
Rifle ammo in
270 30 30 30 06 350 legend, 300 win mag.
22 shorts 22 LR of all brands. 17 hmr, a bunch of 22 mag. 12 ga buckshot and slugs.
I think one thing helps us. I am too far from Remington ammo plant in Arkansas. Seeing more and more.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Walmarts around my area will routinely get in several pallets of shotgun shells but you have to be very quick to get any as they will normally be gone before noon on the morning they are put on the floor. They don't bother putting them on the shelves. They just park the pallet in an isle.

Few weeks ago I got 6 4-packs of Federals.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
I have become convinced that the local Walmarts must have the same persopn ordering ammo because when the little that comes in is available it is the same stuff. Lately been able to get Super Target 7/8 oz 20 gauge 3 boxes each from 3 different stores.

Only Remington ammo was a few boxes of Express 1 oz of 4's. Are all stores getting whatever is available or are there actually discreet orders being placed?

It has to be the former because why would we get 20 gauge 1 oz 4's lead here in the swamps of FL.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nothing makes any sense, as to what shows up or mostly what doesn’t. Then you have the “Scalpers“. They buy everything they can of whatever and resell it. Even with a 3 box limit they seem to empty the shelves every day. It’s a double benefit for them. They take the competitions supply and resell at 3 times the $.

·
Registered
7,286 Posts
Nothing makes any sense, as to what shows up or mostly what doesn’t. Then you have the “Scalpers“. They buy everything they can of whatever and resell it. Even with a 3 box limit they seem to empty the shelves every day. It’s a double benefit for them. They take the competitions supply and resell at 3 times the $.
All 3 of the local Walmarts interpret the "3 box limit" as relating to the container you bring to the register. If you bring 3 boxes of 25 shells that's all you get. If you bring 3 4-packs that is your limit. If you bring 3 cases to the register, that is your limit. Last month or so, local walmarts have increased the limit to 10 boxes but use the same criteria. I watched a guy buy 10 cases, take them to his truck and go back and buy 10 more cases.

The scalpers only exist because they have plenty of customers willing to pay their price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree, they can’t get three times the money if no one pays it. And I won’t. But somewhere, someone is.
No cases here, and haven’t seen 100 packs in a couple months or maybe more. And the scalpers are doing it with all types of ammo, not just shotshells.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts