Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
***squeals with delight*** :lol:
(quoted from the site:)
"Other Platforms

While the Remington 870 is our platform of choice with respect to construction of a CQB shotgun, it is important to remember wisdom of Mr. Jeff Cooper when he reminds us to "Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun!" Any shotgun is better than no shotgun...so look for AR15 CQB stock adapters for Mossbergs, Winchesters, and Fabarms in the near future. "

I own an HK Fabarm FP6, and finding after-market stuff is a pain. I am bookmarking this site :D

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
You Tactical Guys scare the hell out of me.

I'm on board with you cause your part of the NRA brotherhood but frankly you scare me.

On another note, you're right that is a pretty badass looking shotgun.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, it's different....

It kinda reminds me of something someone once told me. I was talking to a guy who owns a very successful Corvette customization business (fascia, body parts, etc). He told me he owed his success to building stuff that was (cosmetically) different from what others were making. It didn't have to work any better or do anything better. Just being different was enough in his biz, because everyone wants to be "special". "It's just gotta be different, that's all...."

Vaporware so far, but when (if) it comes out, there will be plenty of "special" Tactical Teds beating feet to their door!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not just vaporware!

Follow this link to its original home, and you can see the progression of the idea to its current production expectations (September) with comments and updates by the owner.

My 870 is waiting patiently to wear its new clothes! And you guys in the U.S. can probably get it cheaper than me!

Check out the latter pages for the M3 tactical light rail.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/viewtopic.php?t=8883

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, maybe my first post did not highlight what I was trying to say, but I got all happy because:

A) I like my Fabarm FP6, but finding after-market stuff is tough.

B) I like the idea of the M4 style stock and grip due to using it quite a bit.

And just for some clarification, didn't I just enter a "Tactical Shotgun" forum? If it's not your thing, why are you here? I am not trying to flame, and please don't take this the wrong way, I just want to make a point. I bought a shotgun because I wanted one. I don't hunt, and I would be more likely to grab my P226 (duty weapon) in a H.D. situation. I thought the NRA stood for freedom? If I want to hang pink fuzzy dice from the front sight and coat the stock with glitter, (just because it looks so "special") that's my shotgun, that I paid for, with my money, and I will darn well do it. Again, not trying to offend, but if I did so, I do apologize.
On a different note, I Emailed the company, and got a fast response, but they have no immediate plans for other guns. If the Remmy 870 line sells well, maybe expect to see some stuff in six months or so. Oh well, just don't hold your breath :roll:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mr Pickles;

I am like you, I don't hunt, (but carry the 870 for predator protection in the bush), and in a HD situation I may go for my 220/9mm or the 870 whichever is handiest at the time.

You have a very nice ****** already, but why not pick up a rem to play with as well? C'mon, you know you want to!
:lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Green said:
Mr Pickles;

I am like you, I don't hunt, (but carry the 870 for predator protection in the bush), and in a HD situation I may go for my 220/9mm or the 870 whichever is handiest at the time.

You have a very nice ****** already, but why not pick up a rem to play with as well? C'mon, you know you want to!
:lol:
:lol: Oh yea, that's right. Get me in more trouble with the wife. Though she shoots and owns her own firearms, I still had a hard time explaining the Fabarm to her.
"But honey, it's for ...well.... what if the world was taken over by zombies??? Or vampires? or VAMPIRE ZOMBIES???"
Seriously, while another firearm is always welcome in our house, I can't really see getting another shotgun, then dropping another wad of $$$ putting enough stuff on it to make it look like something out of UT2003. I will keep an eye on Jason's site and hope things go well for him. Getting a new gun...well, that might need and explanation. But adding something to one I own? Well, that's just UPKEEP 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mrPickles said:
Getting a new gun...well, that might need and explanation. But adding something to one I own? Well, that's just UPKEEP 8)
Hah! I might try that one myself...

On the other hand, why don't you buy an 870 FOR HER!
Just come home with it one day and say "Honey, see what I got ya?"

:roll:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wait...wait...wait...am I smoking crack or did I see a flip-up A2 rear site and front site on a shotgun? On a 18" set up....? Plus a red-dot sight? The red-dot...maybe. But an A2 sight....the lowest zero is 200-yds....errrr ok.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think that looks like an ARMS #40 rear... don't know what the front is exactly.

As back ups, can't that be made to work at shorter ranges?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Green said:
http://www.argonautarmament.com

8)
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
three hours later oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH oh theres an email adress then you email him and say how much ya want for her

its one of those things that you kinda have to set and look a for a while kinda like walking into the gunstore a seeing a set of 20 guns to the person thats buys anything over 25cents

·
Registered
55 Posts
OK, looking at my post again, I may have been a little harsh.

But after looking at the product, I don't see where it really provides any advantage. Other manufacturers already make everything you already might need - and a lot of stuff you don't. I have everything that I need (Surefire fore-end light, 2-shot mag extension, shortened stock, and Sidesaddle - although, if I'm honest, I probably don't need the Sidesaddle) on my "tactical" (a word that's been so overused in firearms as to be worthless, hence my disdain for the appellation) shotgun.

Keep in mind that the shotgun is basically a close-range weapon. It seems to me that, all other things being equal, he who has the simpler (but sufficient) weapon is more likely to be the survivor. The more stuff you hang off of your shotgun, the more likely you are to fumble with it under stress, get hung up on something etc.

Don't get me wrong - it does have a certain "cool factor". If its looks are worth it to you ($$$), go for it. But I still think it's mostly style over substance.

Until a product is actually shipping, it's vaporware. Once it's shipping, it's hardware.

That's just my opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it! :wink:

P.S. The rear sight on the M16A2 can be set to 100 yards. Set the elevation to 8/3-2 (i.e. 2 clicks to the left of the 8/3 marking).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I must also re-post on this one. Familyguy45 makes some very valid points, and I have to agree that while it may look cool, the most effective solution is the simplest one. Remember KISS. The more gadgets and doodads you have on that weapon, the more prone you are to have one fail. Also, I can't see that AR stock being all that comfortable. It was made to control the recoil of a .226 (5.56mm Nato) round, not a 12g. The more thought I put into this, the less likely I would be to buy it. Yes, it looks cool as heck, but I can't see a BG wetting his pants and running in fear over my tricked-out ******. I should not have snapped at FG45 and jlptexashunter for thier honest thoughts.
I would still LOVE to find a decent pistolgrip-stock combo for my FABARM though. Anyone know of one??
***still looks cool as hell though*** :twisted:

·
Registered
531 Posts
What if they remade the Pancor Jackhammer to accept an underbarrel pump-action 40mm grenade launcher. It would have the tube over the barrel, would hold 2+1 rounds, and could be loaded ambidextrously (loading ports on either side, ejection port on bottom with bottom ejection).

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.