Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could be a real eye opener for all of us.
Yes, I am aware of the spike in ammo prices in the last 18 months.This however is an indication of what might happen all during the coming year. China is buying everything that is out there. Lead ,copper,brass,zinc,aluminum,platinum.gold,silver you name it they devour it for their manufacturing.

Get ready for $65.00 a 25lb bag of shot. Or better yet a box of five slugs for $20.00-$25.00

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical.html

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
jjas said:
I just glad my state (Indiana) passed a law that allows pistol cartridge rifles.

Ammo prices in general are bad, but the cost of slugs is ridiculous.

Jim
You are soooooooooooooooo lucky!
If Ohio would do that I would dump my slugs and dedicated s.g.'s so fast that if you even so much as blinked you would miss the sale! :evil:
I just happen to love lever action rifles and among them are Marlin's in .45 Colt, .44 magnum, .357 magnum and .45-70.
All sighted in and ready.
If every State allowed pistol caliber rifles about ALL shotgun slugging would die a fast death.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
jeager106
If every State allowed pistol caliber rifles about ALL shotgun slugging would die a fast death.
I don't understand why more states don't take a look @ allowing pcrs. From a ballistic standpoint they are very similar to slug guns and muzzleloaders and the ammo is much less expensive.

I don't know why the state (Indiana) finally allowed them, but I'm glad they did.

Jim

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
jjas said:
I don't know why the state (Indiana) finally allowed them, but I'm glad they did.

Jim
From what I've read, huuuuge grass roots effort that took a long time and even had hunters against it. Granted, the appeared obviously ignorant of the facts at hand, but nonetheless...

I've asked our senator and representative in our state to look into it. Perhaps if more did the same...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Rangeball
From what I've read, huuuuge grass roots effort that took a long time and even had hunters against it. Granted, the appeared obviously ignorant of the facts at hand, but nonetheless...
Ignorant of the facts is correct. Some of these people feel like if you aren't shooting a 3.5" 12 gauge slug you are shooting an underpowered load or your just a "big nancy boy". Then you have the people that live on the other side of the ignorant river that think the pcr's shoot "high powered rifle" loads and will lead to a huge increase in hunter deaths and peoples homes being shot from 2 miles away. And to think these people carry guns in the woods.

If enough people push it and if handguns in these calibers are already allowed, I think it can pass. It took years for Indiana hunters to get the state to finally allow, and I'm not sure why they finally did, but again, I'm glad it happened.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.