Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it appears i've been hooked, my original PW800+ is on extended loan to me, I've loaded 3k 28ga shells and shot about 2k of them over the last three months with hardly any problems.

I decided I needed a machine to call my own, # 1452, I bought it from an older gentleman at the club who mainly used it for 12ga hunting loads.

It's in very good condition but I plan to load 410 so I've got a new ez seal top plate and magnetic shell holder on order (another friend lent me the 410 head unit)

I've read through the 410 tips thread so I'll be working on getting it running smoothly over the next month.

Now i just need to get that reloading bench finished so everything will have a home

Automotive tire Electronic instrument Automotive wheel system Audio equipment Engineering

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I have a write up floating around on the forum somewhere, if you want to use it for reference to get the PW to reload 410 like a champ and not have powder migration problems with spherical powders.

As for old tube style hopper plate, seal on the right, while the newer style square tube powder plate, seal on the left.

To short bus it, we want to reduce the amount of spherical powder to the top of powder bushing to start with, as well as give larger even/flush O ring tensioned surfaces to each other.

Or if you really want to over complicate a power seal design, then here,

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like to shoot my .410 hulls until they are pretty rough so I had to bypass the magnetic shell holder, I just stick the hull into the shell holder. It works for me but I can't use an attached bore swab to keep the shell holders clean. I solved one problem only to have to deal with another. Actually this machine is the easiest .410 reloading I have ever done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts