Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a relatively new model Antonio Zoli double barrel shotgun. It is 12 gauge, 3 inch magnum, with 30 inch barrels (mod and full), with double triggers. The receiver is stainless steel, and the remainder of the gun is blued. It has the name of the importer - Eagle Arms NY, NY stamped on it.
I would like to know its model and value, but I have failed to find any reference to it in any materials. Does anyone have any ideas of where I can get this information, or how to contact the importer?

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
It sounds a lot like an Empire but it was imported by Euroarms of America.

I can't find the importer you listed anywhere, but a lot of them have gone by the wayside or changed their names ,try these guys for some info, they imported Zoli's http://www.capeoutfitters.com/

·
Registered
383 Posts
there seems to be a few Eagle arms companies like:
EAGLE ARMS CO
Address: 3701 N MILO RD ROSE CITY, MI 48654
Voice: 1-517-685-2286

There is also one in Florida.

Waht you need to do is to find the actual model of the gun, as named by antonio Zoli, since who imported it has very little significance

Here is their site for you to trace your gun:
http://www.zoli.it/

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I contacted the Antonio Zoli factory and learned that the shotgun is a model Ariete M1, and that it was made in the late 1950's. In excellent condition, does anyone have any idea of its value?

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I didn't find the M1 in the Bluebook but I did find the M3 and in the Standard Catalog I found the M2 . the Pricing on the M2 was a touch higher than the M3.

ARIETE M3
- 12 ga. only, 26 or 28 in. barrels, matted rib, single non-selective trigger, ejectors, blue receiver with fine scroll engraving, cased. Disc.
Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$550 $475 $400 $360 $330 $310 $285

Sorry i couldn't be more help, maybe someone else has the answer for you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nathan,

Finding a firing pin is going to be next to impossible in this country. It is not that Zoli's are not popular or good guns, they are very good guns. It is just that importation into this country has never been high, currently there are no current importers. In Europe they are common hunting guns. The trap versions are excellent.

Your best bet would be to go to a machinist and have one made. I suggest this over going to a gunsmith because unfortunately most gunsmiths don't make their own parts and they themselves go to a machinist to have a part made.
It should not cost you more than $20 or $30. Top and bottom firing pins are different each have different curvature.If you plan on keeping this gun, and I hope you do, have some spares made. A machinist can be a gun owners best friend, especially if you own a foreign firearm in this country. Over the years I have many parts made at a fraction of the cost than from a "gunsmith". Try your yellowpages. Take the part you need to be made to him, you may need to final fitting.

Take the stock off your shogun and make sure the pin is broken and another part such as the firing pin spring or other related part. A 12mm socket will fit the stock bolt (caution when replacing as to not overtighten it might crack your stock). Slide the stock off and inspect.

If you have any other questions let me know.
:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
:?: Hello texasbilly Do you have the email address for the Antonio Zoli factory? I would like to obtain some information on my Zoli SxS. Thanks, Ed. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts