Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i aquired a recently deceased relatives guns this weekend, as well as some accessories. nothing special about the guns, Cooey 39 & 60 and a Stevens 820b 12 *****. my uncle was at one time an enthusiastic duck hunter so i got some vintage accessories as well.

1. 2 full boxes of "Meteor" brand shotshells. No.6 lead heavy loads. this was the house brand for MacLeods hardware stores. any collector value or blast em off?

2. Outers shotgun cleaning kit. 3 peice screw together wooden clean rod, with all attachments and original box. price tag says "SIR sports Wpg. 95 cents"

3. very old "know your ducks" field guide published by sports afield. full color illustrations of various speices of waterfowl. price 5 cents ( to give you an idea of age)

4. two "Scotch" brand games calls in exc. condition in there original boxes. both of the type you shake. one feeding mallard call and one injured rabbit coyote call. i know my dad bought the duck call back in the early 60's

is any of this worth much to a collector? i have no intention of selling, but am curious. i figure that this could make a neat vintage display or photo along with my Auto 5 and the Stevens

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
1. What are the cases of these shells made of? Paper,plastic? What kind of crimps?

2. If this is unused and complete it will bring in the $25-$50 range. Check these on Ebay for reference.

3. Tough one. Maybe $5,if you find a buyer. If you find two buyers,who knows? I sold a similar item for $65+ once and the second only brought $5 on Ebay.

4.Again,check Ebay for similar calls. The boxes are a big pluss.

Sometimes this type of stuff will bring big bucks at an auction where several collectors get interested.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. standard low brass, plastic hulls made in the 60's or 70's.

2. the kit is complete but has been used.

4. they are at least 40-50 years old and looks to be brand new.

i have no plan to sell any of it. i will still use the calls, but be careful with them. some one on another site pointed out these are parts of my family's sporting heritage, so i'm thinking a display with my shotguns and the old Cooey repeater & Enfield is they way to go, get some old weather beaten wood, probably from one of the old farm buildings, to use for the base and background, and some hunting clothes from "back in the day" i think there's some odl licences kicking around too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts