Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a beginning shooter looking for a decent gun, and have kinda been eyeing this one. Please let me know what y'all think

thanks

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
one thing you want to remember is to get a gun that fits you, even then you sometimes still need to make adjustments.
Get the gun that closest fits you then fix it if needed.
If you havent all ready joined a clays[skeet, trap, sporting] club and look for guys with really high scores[old timers,ect.] to help you.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The Fusion is a great dual purpose gun hunting/sporting. That is good since that is what it was designed for. It comes with all kinds of cool stuff. Custom hard case, the stock comes with shims to adjust the fit to you, has a hi-viz front site that I believe comes with a few different colors, 5 invector+ chokes included is a skeet choke. The fit and finish is great it looks beautiful just like a Browning should. If you take this gun and a normal Gold, shoot them side by side you will notice a difference between them. The Fusion just feels more sutied to sporting games than the Gold.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Like you, I was taken by the Gold Fusion shotgun also. I just shoot the clays, and shoot mostly low-gun, and I was struck by how light and quick the gun shot, and it pointed and followed through quite well.

I liked it so well that I order one, and it will be here next week. What prices is the one you are looking at?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have had my fusion about a year now,and love it. I'm thinking about getting a 20 ga. also.

·
Registered
13,108 Posts
Man, this is an old post. The Fusion is nothing more than a standard Gold with a few differences. The Fusion has an alloy magazine and recoil tube. The rib is a light weight design that is a tad higher than the standard rib. It balances with more weight towards the stock than the standard Gold. It only comes in W/B or nicer finishes. The Fusion weighs just under 7lbs (28"/12g)with the standard Gold just under 7 1/2lbs(28"/12g). Because of it's light weight it makes a good upland gun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just ordered one myself, it should a arrive in the next couple of days. Plan to use it mostly for hunting. I will let you know what I think when I get it. Paid $890 , $19 shipping at The Gun Source. Plus the current Browning $100 rebate.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Not everyone minds guns that squeek or rattle. The Gold, while not the worst in this regard, squeeks and rattles a bit in my hands. The fore end fitment being the culprit, I think.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I was playing with a fusion today at the store, wow its a nice gun, I never considered brownings before until today, plus the 100 rebate.

Just wondering if because of its light nature, it will recoil hard? I noticed it has a nice pad on the stock however.

I'd want to use it mostly for clays, 100 rds a day, and some hunting, waterfowl, etc.

should I get the standard hunter instead?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.