Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the scenario: I go through a decent number of shells throughout the year, and out of habit I always pick up spent casings (as most do I suppose). Anyway, I'm not a reloader (yet), and I don't know anyone who is. So I was just wondering if anyone had any use in a bunch of empty 12 gauge shells? They're all 12 gauge, 2 3/4inch (mostly low brass). I've got about 300-400 Winchester super X target shells, about 200 Federal target shells, and some others that I can't remember right now. In a month or so, I'll have a few Winchester Xperts, Kent Fasteels, Remington sportsmen hi-speeds, and a variety of others. All I'd ask for is shipping costs. I'm really not sure if those numbers of empties is worth anyone's hassle or if the shells in particular are useless, but I thought I'd put out the word before resigning them to a life in a garbage pile.

· Registered
1,416 Posts
The 4 most desirable hulls for reloading are; Federal Gold Metal, Remington Premier STS, Winchester AA, and Fiochii(sp.?) Others can be reloaded, but they are so plentiful(at least at my gun club) it's not likely anone would be willing to pay the shipping expense to get their hand on them.

· Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DWT said:
The 4 most desirable hulls for reloading are; Federal Gold Metal, Remington Premier STS, Winchester AA, and Fiochii(sp.?) Others can be reloaded, but they are so plentiful(at least at my gun club) it's not likely anone would be willing to pay the shipping expense to get their hand on them.
Thanks for the info DWT. I'm really not sure what's good and what's not when it comes to spent hulls for reloading. Just thought I'd put the word out before throwing out something possibly useful to someone else.

· Registered
290 Posts
If the hull colour is purple with brass head and plasic internal base wad (Federal Gold Medal), gold (Remingtin) or candy apple green (Remington) , it's a keeper that someone might pay to have shipped. Might. Everything else can be picked up in good time. Most wont want paper hulls due to moisture unless they shoot them or see them dropped on a dry day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.