Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one just because it looked like my A-5.How do you guys like yours?How long have you owned it?What do you use it for?Thanks in advance.

G

·
I have a model 11 that, until recently, I thought was an 11-87. I like it all right, but finding replacement parts is a pain, if not impossible (considering the gun has been out of production for half a century). I found that a few 11-87 parts will fit, with modification (a TacStar magazine extension went on after a bit of machining). My favorite load is wolf birdshot, with the recoil spring configured for heavy loads. Just enough oomph to cycle the action, and less recoil.

Anyway, my model 11 doesn't see much action anymore since I got my Mossberg. The model 11 was a hand-me-down, and I want to preserve it as best I can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Yote,

I saw you on the Rem page.

I collect/trade Rem. M11s. I currently have 4 12s in varying condition. I also just purchased a pristine late model M11 in a 16 gauge. I am on a never ending search for a clean one in a 20. Parts are not that hard to find. You can build a gun in a month just through Ebay.

I bird hunt with mine & am considering having tubes put in one to duck hunt with. I also shoot a little trap with one that has a 30" full w/ solid rib.

glad to hear from you.

humpback

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've got one in sixteen gauge that I've had for several years. I don't shoot it often, and I don't have any reason for owning it other than I like it. It was 100% mechanically, but I refinished the wood and had it parkerized. I got it for a song since it needed a refinish, plus it has some sort of vented compensator attached. The comp is not a Cutts unit, but it appears to be of quality make, and since it's a recoil gun it doesn't effect reliability, so I've left it alone. If I reloaded the sixteen I'd probably shoot my Mod.11 and the others more often. I'm looking for a nice one in 12ga. too. Sam

G

·
I have a model 11 sportsman grade b in 12 ga. that I want to
sell. Gun is a least 95 % w/ clean bore.reply on this site for further info.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have owned one for a long time and like the way it shoots but I also have numerous other guns one of which is the newer version of the browning A-5 with the rounded reciever and I like that better than the 1100

G

·
I have one in the safe, a cheap internet buy ($150) that arrived as a total wreck. It needed everything -I mean like EVERTHING- new stock/forearm, finish, springs, barrel, safety, fiber pad, you name it, it was shot... about the only things salvageable were the major metal components. According to Remington, the serial number dated from 1907 (!), but condition was so poor that there was zero collectible value left in it, so it turned into an interesting project. With a synthetic stock set, bead blasted blue job, 26" cylinder barrel, lots of parts, money and time, I wound up with a very unusual, reliable and fun to shoot gun. Knowing what I do now I wouldn't do it again, but I learned a bunch about the R11/A5 design and had fun in the process. The darned thing will probably go another 96 years!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an interesting one. WWII era, 1943 (supposedly) but I suspect it's a year or two earlier. 18", 12ga., matching serials, civilian scroll & birds on receiver, plus military exploding bomb on receiver & barrel. Inspector cartouche on buttstock. Plus, I strongly suspect but haven't been able to confirm, LE stamp inventory # on tang. If these things could talk...

G

·
I have a 20 ga model 11. It has a 28 in barrel (cyl). I use it for bird hunting. Ive had it for at least 18 yrs. it was a christmas gift from my father.(my first gun). It is a great gun. It was made in dec 1939. You cant ask for a beter more reliable semi.

G

·
I own one, it was a gift, but it came with no take down instructions, so I am unable to dissasemble it for proper maintenance.

Any help with take down information sources much appreciated.

Thanks!

jb

G

·
jbrambila said:
I own one, it was a gift, but it came with no take down instructions, so I am unable to dissasemble it for proper maintenance.

Any help with take down information sources much appreciated.

Thanks!

jb

1 - 20 of 67 Posts