Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?:
I have 12, 20 and 410 gauge shotgun shells that are over 40 years old, full boxes 25 per box and boxes and shells are in (MINT) condition. ALL SHELLS HIGH BRASS
12 Gauge 2 3/4" All Plastic Shells
1- Box Western Super X 1 Ounce Rifled Slugs (Mark 5)
1- Box Winchester Super Speed O Buckshot 12 Pellets (Mark 5)
1- Box Western Super X 3 3/4 -1 1/4 - #4 Shot (Mark 5)
2- Boxes Western Super X 3 3/4 - 1 1/4 - #6 Shot (Mark 5)
1- Box Western Super X 3 3/4 - 1 1/4 - #7 1/2 Shot (Mark 5)
20 Gauge 2 3/4" All Plastic Shells
1- Box Remington Express 2 3/4 - 1 - #5 Shot
1- Box Remington Express 2 3/4 - 1 - #6 Shot
1- Box Western Super X 2 3/4 - 1 - #6 Shot
1- Box Winchester Super Speed 2 3/4 - 1 - #7 1/2 Shot
2- Boxes Western Super X 2 3/4 - 1 - # 7 1/2 Shot
410 Gauge 3" Chamber
2- Boxes Western Super X 3/4 Oz Shot # 6 Shot ( PAPER SHELLS )
1- Box Western Super X 3/4 Oz Shot # 7 1/2 Shot ( PAPER SHELLS )
3- Boxes Remington Express 3/4 Oz Shot # 7 1/2 Shot ( PLASTIC SHELLS )
2- Boxes Remington Express 3/4 Oz Shot # 9 Shot ( PLASTIC SHELLS )
410 Gauge 2 1/2" Chamber
1- Box Remington 1/5 Ounce Rifled Slugs ( PAPER SHELLS )
Are These Shells Worth Anything To Collectors Or Just Shoot Them Up.
Collectors Advice Please Reply,
Thanks,
Fred

· Registered
933 Posts
Fred, its really hard to give you a definitive answer based on the information you gave. Need to see the boxes, all sides, to appraise them. Head stamps and individual printing on shells could make a difference in shell value. Full boxes might make them more appealing but I suspect they are all of the $20 range or less, but some little variation could make a world of difference. The Mark 5 plastic W-W shells dating from the early days, early 60's, would be of more interest than others. If the slugs are in boxes of 25, they would be of more interest and the 0 buckshot might be more interesting than a 00 but still, not college tuition stuff.

You might look at some sites like gunbroker or wards to see what they are listing however take the gunbroker asking prices with a grain of salt.

Don't let anyone tell you plastic shells are not collectable. :eek: Each of these below are worth $10- $15 each now and will only go up. :shock: However, yours are far more common than these.

· Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LCSMITH26
Thanks for your reply.
As I said they are all in mint condition and all the boxes are in mint condition no tears, writing on boxes, price tags etc.
I will take pictures of all of them when I get time.
The reason I asked the question I have not shot these because of my job was to busy and now that I retired I was starting shooting again.
I purchased these shells in the 1960s between 1964 - 1966.
I did not have any clue if they might be collectors items, and if they were only worth say $10.00 - $15.00 a box I would not even bother listing them up or taking pictures of the shells and boxes just shoot them up.
I will take pictures of them and the boxes and look for shell collectors on the web and if they only want to give me $10.00 or $12.00 a box I'll shoot them up and have fun.
Thanks for your advice.
Regards,
Fred

· Registered
1 Posts
Hola, estimados camaradas tengo una duda tengo esas cartuchos de escopeta de plástico 1 caja completa soy de argentina, queria saber q tan raro es y que valor puede tener, y de que año son? Muchas gracias saludos de buenos aires
Yellow Wood Font Packaging and labeling Aluminum can
Product Cosmetics Lipstick Material property Magenta

· Registered
5,731 Posts
With their Olin Corp. compression formed hulls those are arguably the best lead shotshells ever made. In the collector shotshell market here in the U.S. they go for $10 to $20 a box, definitely good shooters. Only thing better would be if they were Lubaloy shot --

Font Packaging and labeling Drink Packing materials Symbol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.