Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You read it right! Dove like a quail, well, more spot and stalk, but still like a Gambel's quail.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
if you've got dry creek bottoms and/or mesquite trees this is a great place to jumpshoot doves. I do it quite a bit. Keeps me and the dog from sitting around too much.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've just got washes and those frikkin' Acacia trees out here in Arizona, but they sure have doves close to 'em :lol:

·
Registered
184 Posts
One of my best spots is between a neighborhood about 500 yards away and a house thats another 500 yards away at the other side of me. Then they fly over . The homeowners must have some dandy feed... 8)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I did this instinctivly. I didn't realize people actually sat around and waited for dove to come to them.

I would Jump shoot.. I guess that what you call it. We know where the water was, so we guessed they would be there. and... they were. If they flew early we would spread out and semi circle them.. then... boooomb.

I am going for quail tomorrow... didn't realize you hunt quail this way too..

this is gona be fun....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.