Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that CZ has some pretty low prices on their o/u's. Has anyone shot them, do they like them? Any problems? Thanks.

Blackstream07

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I have a CZ Redhead .410. The first one I bought I had to send back to the repair center. They sent me a new gun to replace it.
I haven't had any trouble out of the second one. I bought it as a back up gun so I haven't put many rounds throught it, maybe 3-400. Not a bad little gun for the money in my opinion. As far as long term durabilty, can't answer that one yet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 12ga CZ Redhead Dlx. So far I've been very happy with it I've probably got close to 1000 rds through it no problem. I plan on shooting skeet with it this summer......we'll see. At this point I think if you are looking for a "hunting" gun rather than a "target" gun it would be hard to beat for the money.
Scott

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I am really looking for an entry level over/under- not too expensive. Before I take "the plunge". I want to use it mainly for trap, occasionally for skeet and upland game. What sort of drop do they have at comb and heel? Any looseness where the wood and metal come together? Any looseness in the action? Lots of questions, but thanks for the help. Keep it coming. :D

Blackstream07

·
Banned
473 Posts
I don't think that any of the Turkish guns are loose. The wood to metal fit varies between the different companies. The problems with them seem to be mechanical - broken hammers and firing pins mostly. You get what you pay for, but any new gun ought to go bang when you pull the trigger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.