Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody use this stuff? It seems pretty good so far.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I use it and I like it. A guy came to the club one day giving out free samples. It took me awhile but I tried it and have ordered more on the internet. I don't think it is available in stores yet but a bottle lasts a long time. The smell is distinctive but not offensive to me.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I bought some of the Qmaxx BLU at the Open and it seems to work well. Though I have not done any sort of scientific comparison, It seems to clean as well as anything else I have used and has as good or better lubrication as Breakfree CLP. They had quite the setup at US Open offering free gun cleaning and demos comparing their product to others on the market. Of course, they demonstrated that Qmaxx was superior. :) Also, I was told by the salesman that nearly all of the big manufactures are packaging the Qmaxx products with the new shotguns. I specifically remember him saying Beretta includes Qmaxx with their new shotgun but labels it with Beretta's logo. It does have a different smell which I actually like. My wife thinks it is less offensive than others I have used. She doesn't care for the smell of Hoppy's number 9, blasphemy, I know. Overall it seems like a good product.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I saw the demo at the Nationals last year. Also, Jimmy Muller was using it for choke lube on Muller chokes which I use. So, I tried it and found that it performs as advertised. As stated above, it has a distinctive odor--not offensive, but noticeable. I clean my guns after each outing and am very pleased with Q-Maxx products. I do not know how it would perform for long-term storage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts