Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has bent a stock on a CZ side-by-side shotgun? Mine is shooting left on the patterning board and a bit low. I want to keep the original look and not cut it to an adjustable comb. Hmm will I have to refinish the stock? Never had to have stock work done before.
Thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
I bent the stock on my 20 gauge Ringneck a few years ago. I'm a southpaw and needed to get the gun to a bit of cast on. I guess that the bend was about 3/8". As for the refinish, my gun had a muddy brown stain on it, so after the bend I applied a Truoil finish. The gun looks and shoots much nicer now.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Riflemeister is the stock bending guru on the forum having bent quite a few including CZ shotguns. He is very meticulous and I'm sure he could answer any questions you have. Maybe he will chime in here.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Here is the way to bend your CZ SXS using heat lamps to heat the wrist of the stock and then a bending force is applied. You can see a significant amount of cast off is being bent into this stock. Alternatively, if you know how much cast off and drop correction you need, it can be sent to Michael Orlen for his discounted to SGW members stock bending service.
Automotive design Orange Gas Art Wood
Gas Flooring Engineering Event Machine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts