Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone gone to a fast 1 oz (1300 fps) over the standard 1 1/8 @1180-1200 fps load for handycap (20-24 yards)? Do you feel the extra speed makes up for the loss in shot? What is your load?

Thanks

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
Heck, I use the same slowpokes back to 24 now! I can't tell any difference,'cept they don't kick as much as the heavy Handicap loads. Actually most all my 1 oz loads run right up at about 1250 to 1300 depending on hull and wad. The 1300 fps loads just use more powder. It wasn't necessary in my opinion, but what do I know? I'm a hack Trap shooter anyway. Probably couldn't tell any difference IF there was any! :roll:

BP

·
Registered
65 Posts
Since it is the off-season I'm going to try a 7/8 oz load that equals the "International Trap" load which is running around 1350 FPS. I'll let you know what the results are after testing.

hubcap

·
Registered
16,301 Posts
1oz of shot @ 1180fps is my favorite load from any yardage. High pressures + high speeds + soft shot = blown patterns.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Been useing them back to 25yrds for almost 2 years now. I decided on a load that uses Greendot and is around 1280-1290fps depending on which gun its out of. It feels like it shoots the same as my slower 1235 Promo loads I use at 16yrds but really hammers the targets at the longer distances. The load I'm using will consistantly put more shot on target at 40yrds then any 1 1/8oz load I've tried.

Tim

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. Anyone else?????????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts