Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a public hunting area east of Georgetown, Texas. 11,000 acres. I have been twice and not even fired 6 times. I know there are dove, but I have no idea where to hunt there. If anyone knows a great spot in the Granger WMA, please let me know. First week almost down and no doves to show for it.

Hank

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't know about Texas but I do know that Georgia WMAs have some nice dove fields planted in millit and different grains.

I hunted at Oconee WMA opening day and at 4:30 they came in like crazy. I couldn't keep my gun loaded at some times. I have heard of people melting the gun barrel down so I took it a little slower. You may not get your limit on WMAs but its some of the best fun you'll have.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
I've never hunted that WMA but in general look the edges of it over for adjoining corn, milo, wheat fields or find a natural (topo map here) funnel to some water. It's inconcievalbe that there are not a TON of birds on that thing. I went golfing yesterday in that area and saw more doves than you could shake a stick at.

Another thing to try is call the Biologist at TPWD that is in charge of that place and ask him/her what areas seem to hold birds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.