1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a source for a used Mec 9000 Hydraulic pump and valve

Yes I know its a stretch and yes I called Mec First

trying to work on a budget

I have a 650, and a 8567 Grabber, and or a manual 9000 I could offer as trade bait

or a 650, 8567, a 9000 manual or 9000 HN without pump for a 9000 with a automate

·
Administrator
23,986 Posts
The best that I can suggest is to keep an eye on ebay.
You can have an automatic search. It will notify you if something shows up.
You probably want to keep several running.
Mec +9000 +pump
Mec +hydraulic
Hustler +pump
Grabber + pump
Mec +pump
Each of these will be a possible hit, many will hit on the same listing. You can sort them out.

Search for the same terms in this section.
viewforum.php?f=73

Using Google advanced search and search in the link that is above.
http://www.google.im/advanced_search

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Kind of lost of this one, hence did your crap the bead, and your trying to fix it, or are you looking to upgrade to a hydrolic unit instead.

If upgrading, then just go with the automate instead.

If you trying to fix the old pump, then take is down to a hydraulic pump repair shop, and they will have the parts needed to get it running again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am hunting also for the same things with no results. I searched the e-bay for so long but there is no such thing as hydraulic or automate for Mec.
I will probably end up buying a new unit and be done with it.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I'm talk out my butt since I don't own a 9000, let alone hydraulic version, but a small pump assembly should be something that any hydraulic supply company should be able to supply for a lot less than MEC's price.

Here's one on ebay that's 12 volt, but cheap 12 pwr supply or maybe getting a 120v version should be possible. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HYDRAULIC-POWER ... SwcdBWRnuv

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
leftieD said:
I'm talk out my butt since I don't own a 9000, let alone hydraulic version, but a small pump assembly should be something that any hydraulic supply company should be able to supply for a lot less than MEC's price.

Here's one on ebay that's 12 volt, but cheap 12 pwr supply or maybe getting a 120v version should be possible. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HYDRAULIC-POWER ... SwcdBWRnuv
But it produces 2500 psi, MEC's machines run at 600 psi. I hope he knows how to install a pressure relief valve.

Steve

·
Registered
917 Posts
Just a thought to consider in the hydraulic vs automate decision. Let me preface this by saying I have not used an automate so get out the salt shaker and shake out a few grains to take as you read this.

I have a hydraulic 9000 (actually 4 - all gauges) and I really like it. Sure it is noisier than an automate and it is a little more hassle to change from one machine to another (although if you get the quick disconnect couplers I doubt that there is much time difference). With the hydraulic you can get a little oil leakage and a faint odor of hot machinery after loading for a couple or hours.

BUT, with the hydraulic you can stop the stroke at any point and reverse it if there is a problem and you can easily hold it at any point in the stroke (useful while making adjustments). As I understand it, you can't do that with the automate. You also get to easily control the length of dwell time at the bottom of the stroke, if that makes any difference to you. The extra level of control make it worth the extra hassle for me (plus I got a good deal on the presses).

Like I said, I have not used an automate - just going on what I have been told. Feel free to offer corrections as necessary.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pickman
so far everything I have read indicates the same as you stated which is why I was looking for a pump first ..
I can get a Automate base for the 9000 HN and then convert to a Automate for about the same price as buying the Hydraulic pump and valve from MEC

PS having been a Race car driver and gear head for years I kind of like the smell of hot hydraulic fluid

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Smoke4320 said:
LeftyD
I can get a pump from MEC for that Price and be guaranteed it will work
As Steve Y said that one is way too much pressure and to costly to boot

But hey appreciate the thought and time to answer
Like I said, no knowledge of the 9000, but I did a lot of hydraulic work some years ago. Any positive displacement pump has to have a pressure relief valve in the circuit or a dead headed output builds up until something gives. So setting the max. pressure down from 2,000 to 600 should be possible on any such system.

Here's a cheaper AC powered power unit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BendPak-AC-Hydr ... 40&vxp=mtr

But if MEC has the correct unit at a decent price then go for it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
leftieD said:
Smoke4320 said:
LeftyD
I can get a pump from MEC for that Price and be guaranteed it will work
As Steve Y said that one is way too much pressure and to costly to boot

But hey appreciate the thought and time to answer
Like I said, no knowledge of the 9000, but I did a lot of hydraulic work some years ago. Any positive displacement pump has to have a pressure relief valve in the circuit or a dead headed output builds up until something gives. So setting the max. pressure down from 2,000 to 600 should be possible on any such system.

Here's a cheaper AC powered power unit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/BendPak-AC-Hydr ... 40&vxp=mtr

But if MEC has the correct unit at a decent price then go for it.
LeftyD with that link now we are on to something
Much thanks

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.