Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it will handle 3 inch shells, anyone take their AL391 Urika Sporting duck hunting? Since it is a pretty soft shooter, I though it might work well with 3 inch steel or hevi-shot loads too.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Scott,
I have not used my 12ga Sporting because it is the Gold Sporting.....Haven't made up my mind to Duck hunt so I have not bought any non-tox for my 20ga :roll:

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
My wife uses my 391 Sporting duck gun as her back up gun sporting clays (or maybe I use her back up gun for duck hunting). It has mostly taken over from the Browning Citori that I used for 10 years or so. I have both 28" and 30" barrels for this gun and find it wearing the longer tube most frequently. It has eaten up and spit out everything I've fed it with nary a problem. If you like the gun and shoot it well, I see no reason not to bring it out into the field.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RWH24 said:
Scott,
I have not used my 12ga Sporting because it is the Gold Sporting.....Haven't made up my mind to Duck hunt so I have not bought any non-tox for my 20ga :roll:
I'm basically inventorying what I have. With my Citori White Lightning, I have a feeling it will buck pretty hard with 3 inch steel or hevi-shot. But, the AL391 may do better in the recoil area and also provide a third shot. I could always go out and buy a Beretta AL391 Extrema2! :lol: I love my Citori for skeet. Haven't tried it for sporting clays. But, the AL391 Urika Sporting may sit in the closet unless I can use it for ducks or the Citori doesn't work for sporting clays (doubt that will happen). :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've used my 391 Urika Sporting to shoot ducks, geese, dove and pheasant. It's been dead-nuts reliable (I run the gas piston wet with FP-10) and does seem a little softer than the Benellis or pumps I otherwise use for hunting.

BTW, I've used it with Hevishot, steel and lead (obviously not for waterfowl) in 2 3/4" and 3". They have all worked fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts