Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several benelli's and WHY do they make the carrier release button so small? They have plenty of physical space in the receiver.

After shooting my supersport last winter in a 500 bird tournament I vowed to do something about it. I could not feel my fingers from the cold but the small difficult release button really took it's toll more than the cold.

I had a machinist I shoot with make me a "button" twice the size of the original out of anodized aluminum stock and bore a hole in the center (underside) just deep enough and large enough to fit snugly over the existing release button, then I permatex glued (red) metal to metal and let it sit for an hour.

Happy times are here again! it worked like a charm and if I really needed to pop it off I can just heat it. I know arrandondo sells a plastic model for tactical but it is plastic and I wanted something I would not have to gunsmith.

Guys that are high volume shooters, trust me you will want to remember this post. :lol:

http://www.claycam.net

·
Registered
311 Posts
The release being a lighter press has never bothered me even on the high volume days. Compared to the Beretta the Benelli release is sweet as it. If it was larger I wouldn't complain but, I like it the way it is.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
How about the bolt release button? People buy replacement bolt release buttons for the Berettas claiming the stock button is painful in high volume shooting. I would think the smaller Benelli button would be worse.

·
Registered
127 Posts
cmh2007 said:
the only problem with that is i dont want to drill adn tap a hole in the gun that i paid 1500 for
It says (for the $50 version of this), that no drilling, tapping, or other gunsmithing is required.

Anyone have this installed? If so how do you like it? Photos of your gun with it installed? Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
>>This is an accessory that could very well save your life in a firefight.<<

Since my Benelli is used strictly for clay shooting I don't think this applies to me. :lol:

·
Registered
51 Posts
the only problem with that is i dont want to drill adn tap a hole in the gun that i paid 1500 for
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. There is no drilling and no tapping on the part I as I linked to it.

Bryant supplies a Benelli factory bolt release that already is drilled and tapped for the larger button he supplies. It takes about a minute or two to remove the one in the shotgun, substitute the one he supplies, and screw in the larger button.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts