Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my post "ARE WE DOOMED" several members I think were upset. I see it caused name calling, unrest, and disrespect to the ones who started the forum. By no means was this my intention. I am not the smartest person alive nor do I intend to be. Maybe I went about this the wrong way. My purpose in that post was to make us all think. Not to take issue with religion. Nor was it intended to take issue ones personal beliefs.
In my long stent in the Corps, I found many people of different faiths. They were good and honorable men. Our beliefs were different, but our goals were the same. I am proud to call them my friend.
What I intended to decuss was, we as individuals have lost many personal rights. Religion is but one. Guns are under attack. SUV's are under attack. Personal property is under attack. Our public schools, under attack. Our right to do in our homes, under attack. The right to make our own decision to smoke, under attack Our right to raise our children the way we see fit, under attack. The list goes on.
We as weapon owners and hunters are under great pressure to rethink our reasons for having weapons. PETA is against any kind of hunting, fishing,and trapping. They seem to be very powerful. That puts all of us, reguardless of color, religion, sex, personal beliefs. WARNING!!!!!

Money seems to be the GOD of many people who have the means of putting us ALL under their control. But I say not with out a fight.
My friends, WE are the voice of the nation. If a issue comes up that one of us is not for, stop and think. If they get that issue, when will they come after my issues. I beleive we all should stand together to protect all of our rights, reguardless of ones personal way of thinking. Your way may be next to come under attack. You will need all of us to defend it.

Again, I am very sorry for the unrest I, no one else to blame but me, posted that post

Thank You,

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
O.C. - I can see no reason for you to apologise, myself. You initial post was certainly nothing to cause inflamed senses... but, what followed certainly seems to have. I don't think it's your fault that others couldn't address either the topic or intent of your post without going askew into other realms.

Of course, that's just the opinion of another old Jarhead! :wink:

Semper fi, brother! :D

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The original thread needed no apology. What it became, however was truly "Off Topic". 8)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
O.C.. I like it. Got a ring to it............... Hey O.C., I told you how I honestly feel about some things. That's all. Like SShooterZ said, People can be passionate about things. I know I can be hard headed. And if I came off that way I apologize to you........................ We all have differences. And we're all free to have them, indebted to you for this very freedom. So again no apology was needed, but you gave it anyway. Thanks for getting me to think. I learned a little more about myself and you helped me to confirm some ideas that I have. And that's a good thing. 8)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Old Corps
You can say anything you want and if inflames a few people so be it if you piss a few people off you have done somthing many people can't accomplish, at least you had their attention. You cant please all of the people all of the time and you never will. Your posts always make me THINK. You dont post often but when you do I take notice. We take alot if things for granted and abuse what we have.

Hell I just heard on the TV Whoppie Goldberg said welcome to the holiday season to light the CHRISTMAS TREE. Not the holiday tree, that gives me hope.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Old Corps,

Don't sweat the small stuff. Your post wasn't what ticked me off, it was some of the stuff that followed. We had been through all of that before.

Keep on posting what you feel.

Semper Fi Mac!

Doug Gordon

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
i see no reason to appologize cuz politics n religeon will always start fights no matter what

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.