Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is is worth spending a few extra bucks for these case materials for a day case?

Do they help with moisture? Am I better off with something else? Should I use a sock that is treated with some chemical inside a soft case?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I don't know anyone that has tried either of these products. They always seemed to me to be solutions to problems that didn't really exist.

best regards,

Jeff

The nut list- Baker 1898 Damascus barrel double hammer gun / American Arms single shot 12 ga/ Winchester Model 12 26" IC solid rib black diamond high grade straight grip checkered stock and fore end 12ga / Winchester 1300 Black Shadow Turkey 12ga / Winchester SX2 3 ½" 12ga / Browning Gold Hunter 20ga / Stoeger 2000 Max4 camo 12ga / Beretta AL391 Urika Gold 12ga / Remington 870 Wingmaster 20ga / Springfield .410 single shot (for yet to be conceived grand babies)/ Ugartechea Model 30 12 ga/

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
SoundOfMind said:
Is is worth spending a few extra bucks for these case materials for a day case?

Do they help with moisture? Am I better off with something else? Should I use a sock that is treated with some chemical inside a soft case?

Thanks
I have also looked at those....If you get caught in a rain while carrying your gun in the case it should help.....Like GoreTex
I would not credit much to wet inside wicking out thru those tiny microscopic pores

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I had an SKB Dry-Tek soft case for several years. Let it go as a throw-in on a recent sale. Nice enough case, but I can't say I ever noticed any magical properties to it.

If your gun gets wet, dry it with non-oil cloths or paper towels and run some wadded up paper towels through the bore. Take it home, let it warm up to room temp and give it a proper cleaning. You'll be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.