Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that dragon's breath are banned in some states but don't know which. Does anyone know where I can find that out?

Also the mini-missle, Bolo shells, Flechette so on and so forth.

I clicked the link at the top of the forum for "Ammunition" and looked at the exotic ammo Atlas Ammo sells. There are a whole bunch of those shells that I'd like to try at least once. I live in CA... :(

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Quote: "I live in CA"

That statement should end most of it?
California's got some pretty strict laws about what ammo you can or can't use, on top of that where in our state can you even use some of the stuff without everything going up in flames?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are places. There is a place up by my grandfathers house that's just a dirt canyon I go shooting all the time. I'm more intrested in the other rounds not so much the Dragon's breath.

·
Banned
2,771 Posts
Why don't you look it up in the CA Dept of Justice website? Relying on the internet for legal advice is not a smart idea.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wasn't really relying on it. I found a little blurb that mentioned it not being legal in CA. I don't know how old it is so I'll just go with that.

...but thanks...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
ShoulderCannon said:
I know that dragon's breath are banned in some states but don't know which. Does anyone know where I can find that out?

Also the mini-missle, Bolo shells, Flechette so on and so forth.

I clicked the link at the top of the forum for "Ammunition" and looked at the exotic ammo Atlas Ammo sells. There are a whole bunch of those shells that I'd like to try at least once. I live in CA... :(
I have indeed heard of bolo shells and flechettes and have actually loaded and shot flechetts

however what are mini missles and dragons breath

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
idk what mini missles are but dragons breath is a shell that shoots out a white hot fireball like 50 feet and can set anything flammable on fire

sounds fun

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Can you actually buy the Flechettes to load over there -they are steel darts ain't they - I heard the US used them in Vietnam so what would you use them for now? - just curious :?:

Dave

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
flechettes are good for use in heavy brush cuz they penetrate good

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
The 12ga flachette round was tried under combat conditions in Viet Nam. It was hopped that they would add distance to the 12ga shotgun and cut foliage better than buckshot. In each case they failed. The 12ga loading gave very poor penetration. We tried them out but went back to the regular buckshot load that the Navy provided.

·
Registered
104 Posts
As a fellow Californian, I think it safe to assume most of this stuff is illegal here. If you found info that says it once was, I can assure it probably still is. No gun laws have been relaxed here for some time. If anything they keep getting more restrictive.

I gotta tell you though, I don't see what you would want it for. I also hope that even if you are just shooting for the shear fun of it (and I do agree it is a lot of fun just to get out and blast away at some things at times) that you are a responsible shooter. Many areas around here have been closed to shooters due to the few people that just go out a destroy stuff and leave a big mess. That kind of stuff just plays right into the anti's hands.

Merry Christmas and happy shooting
Rick

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Rick, We can see by Mazer's picture that he is a responsible guy. Don't most of the shooters at your club wear Mickey Mouse ears and carry a pacifier in their mouth? :lol: Only kidding Maz..... :wink:

·
Registered
964 Posts
It also kinda depends on what shotgun you're using. I sure as hell wouldn't shoot flechette rounds or dragon's breath out of a Beretta SS06 :shock:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Other than wasting green what real purpose do these shells serve? Or did I just answer my own question? Sure shooting a wall of flame down range might look cool (until you set the range on fire that is.) But why would anyone waste money on it. At $10/3 rounds that damn expensive braging if ya ask me.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Same reason ppl spend $20 on a single fountain for July 4th. It's just fun to do something off the wall once in a while.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Here we are in a South Louisiana duck blind on a cold wet morn. Three good friends in the blind together. My buddy(shall go unnamed) slipped a dragons breath into the other partners shotgun. First light-first flight of teal and I hear "Take them George". When it went off I thought he was going to mess his pants. I cried I laughed so hard. But, isn't that what friends of 30 yrs. are for?

·
Registered
34 Posts
unfortunately, all the cool stuff in 12g is illegal here in CA.. you can get some of the flares, and that is about it.. I am not sure about the bolo rounds.. go to cheaper than dirt... I believe they sell all of those cool rounds, and they list where each kind is illegal...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts