Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my first Spanish made SxS this week. It’s 3” chambered 20ga, with pistol grip stock/beaver tail forend, 27 3/4” barrels choked about M/F. Double triggers and extractors. Still lots of case colouring left, which is a definite plus for my taste.

The date stamp appears to be K1, so made in 1965 and I found reference to the circled “JB” as being the makers mark for Armas Bost. Can anyone confirm? A pretty utilitarian double, but it appears reasonably well executed.

Any general information or comments on this gun, or Armas Bost guns of this era in general, are much appreciated.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gesture Shotgun

Wood Musical instrument accessory Everyday carry Tool Air gun

Wood Gas Nickel Metal Artifact

Grille Bumper Automotive design Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior

Art Gas Auto part Composite material Metal

Trigger Air gun Shotgun Wood Office equipment

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
At any given point in time all the artisanal Spanish shotgun makers made pretty much the same shotgun at pretty much the same price point. Armas Bost (Jose Bolumburu) was no exception. This gun looks to me like a relatively inexpensive working man's medium game gun.

Nice gun. Don't beat it (and yourself) up with too many 3 inch shells and it will last to be handed down to your heirs. Allso, this onw was made before steel shot and is not proofed for steel. Good idea to avoid steel shot loads.

Reactions: The Baron
1 - 3 of 3 Posts