Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have inherited a 1938 auto 5 sweet 16, it has vent rib barrel, gold plate on trigger and safety, the barrel ring has holes in it indicating that it is a sweet sixteen according to what i've read.
I would say the gun is in fine condition, used but not abused, engraving shows wear as does the gold plate on the trigger.
estimate on value and any other info would be great. thanks
s# 115861

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
address on barrel is browning arms company st.louis mo, serial number on barrel matches. as far as the weight, with some careful calibration of my human scale, it is certainly not over seven pounds. bottom of barrel has 168 67 and what looks like a star over the letter L. ok see if you can follow this: special steel 16 ga shells 2 9/16 2 3/4 J kg 772 q* m PV then what looks like a money bag with E LG in it ,THEN what looks like 16 65 inside of a horseshoe. ok i'm getting carried away now.thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok very good info. here is where we stand now. if the barrel says browning arms compant st louis mo. it would not be a 30's gun you say. the barrel ring and reciever (if that is what its called) both have matching #s to the gun. also where it says special steel 16 gauge shells 2 9/16 looks factory,the 2 3/4 Jn does not. it is a different font and deeper. how could this not be the original barrel?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.