Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that there is really no standard setup regarding ejectors from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some offer selectable, or some offer just one. What is best on the range if not selectable?

I am leaning toward non-auto, because where I shoot, you are required to pick up your shells. Is that the case at a lot of ranges?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Some places don't even want your shells to leave the gun unless it is by your own hand, because flying shells can hit other shooters. I would choose extractors, but some guys who shoot a lot of covey birds (or miss a lot) would probably go for ejectors so they can reload faster. As far as for clay sports, extractors would be sufficient.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Should have read: "for an ugly fix.."

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
I have two doubles that have ejectors and I do just like many other folks you put your hand over the hull as you break open the gun it will just hit your palm. Some comp shooters make a point of letting the hull eject up into their hand.

As for autos t&s makes an attachment that essentially stove pipes the hull in the opening. There are also shell deflectors that direct the hulls down to the ground.

Ranges vary, some dont care about the hulls hitting the ground, others want them picked up after every round, and others have rules that if a hull hits the ground it belongs to the club. Always a good idea to check where you shoot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts