Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have SxS guns with both extractors and ejectors. I prefer the ejectors. Most O/U's come with ejectors. With either of these action types, I rarely allow the hulls to eject to the ground and only then at a gun club using hulls I don't want to save. The ejectors kick the hulls into my hand and I put them into my shooting pouch, into the barrel provided for the purpose, or into a pocket in my vest if I am hunting. It's really a convenience thing with me. Guns with extractors are slower to reload since you have to pull out the hulls, but when shooting targets it's not really a problem. When in a hot corner shooting birds, it can cause you to pass up a shot or two. A word about pumps and semi-autos. I catch the hulls when they eject from my pumps when I limit the number of shots to two, but that's not possible with semi-autos. If you hunt with semi's and most times with pumps, expect to find and pick up your hulls.

Johnpe

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.