Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
As a kid growing up in the country I carried a Stevens single shot ejector 20 gauge. It was a wonderful shotgun and allowed me to bring home many grouse. I carried a spare shell in my left hand allowing me to eject and reload quickly. I dreamed of owning a double barrel. My dream came true as a 20 year old I purchased a Remington 1900 double barrel in 12 gauge with extractors. Now, 45 years later I still carry it. I've grown used to the extractor and use it to advantage. If hunting conditions or game sought require a different shell, it's easy to open the action quietly and swap out. I'm not a pheasant hunter but rather I cover miles of terrain that changes often. I might see ruffed grouse, woodcock, snowshoe hare, coyote, fox, black bear or whitetail deer. Also ducks and geese and an occasional turkey. I always buy a sportsman's all game license and I always know what's in season. It's possible that an ejector double would work for me but I don't feel the need or desire today.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.