Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
Sorry guys, but I never got the technique down for "catching" my ejected shells. I know, I watch people do it all the time, but I can't seem to master it. I saw a film of Vince Hancock do it so fast that you can't even follow what he does, then I saw my daughter's boyfriend let both of them fly straight up in the air and he caught both with one hand as they came down. I have converted my Cynergy to extractors and I absolutely love it. People who shoot it also like the convenience. I also know owners of the newer Berettas who have also converted their guns to extractors using that convenient little screw head with a 1/2 turn. Now I don't worry too much if I lose a shell or two in the field of hunting. The plastic wil eventually go away, but that lead shot will never go away and we don't seem to worry too much about that do we? If it does, then shoot steel.

Reactions: brokefootkenny

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
CRG,

There are two newer Beretta models; the SV10 Perennia, and the SV10 Prevail. Both have a "switch" that allows the user to activate/deactivate the ejectors on the gun. Beretta must have seen a large enough market for that feature to cause them to put it on their newer models. Personally, I like it. You can have it both ways.

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
I have skeet shooting buddies who open their guns and let the ejectors do their work and my friends somehow catch both hulls with their right hand about 18 inches from the gun. Ive tried, but I just can't do it. At matches, Ive seen the same move but instead of catching, they use their hand to hit the hulls to the ground. I can't do that either, so I just cup my hand over the hulls and eject them into my palm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts