Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings,
I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of or experience with AVCI shotgun shells? All I've been able to find out is that they're made in Turkey.

Addendum: the guns they'd be used in are a Mossberg 500, Maverick 88, and a Winchester Model 24, all 12-gauges.

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got some and I just did an informal shoot. Therefore, I can't say how they patterned out of my Maverick 88 shotgun (18½-inch cylinder bore). Honestly, these are for backup ammo and, if need be, critter dispatch. All this would be at close range, i.e. sub 15-yards. My hunting days are over. Oh, the shells I purchased were AVCI 1⅛ oz #4 shells (claimed velocity of 1250 fps). They'll do for me just as well as the high priced spread. FYI, recoil wasn't bad, but recoil's a relative thing.

· Registered
665 Posts
I got some and I just did an informal shoot. Therefore, I can't say how they patterned out of my Maverick 88 shotgun (18½-inch cylinder bore). Honestly, these are for backup ammo and, if need be, critter dispatch. All this would be at close range, i.e. sub 15-yards. My hunting days are over. Oh, the shells I purchased were AVCI 1⅛ oz #4 shells (claimed velocity of 1250 fps). They'll do for me just as well as the high priced spread. FYI, recoil wasn't bad, but recoil's a relative thing.
ahh okay I was looking at their target loads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts