Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new in the forum and this is my first post. I have a AYA model 106 side-by-side sidelock from 1956 that my grandfather used for hunting in Africa. I have not fired the gun yet so I do not know how it will handle.
I woul appreciate if someone would share any information about this model with me, since the factory hasn't had no record to share.

My best regards, Pedro Pato

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
These are pretty nice guns(M107LI). However,again, the M107 is a boxlock gun,English style,with double triggers and a straight stock.They bring about the same money as a Matador,about $500 in 100% condition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The factory provided me with the wrong data. I send them the serial number and they said that it was a #107 from 1956. Actualy the shotgun is from 1955 and it's a sidelock model, serial number 85076, cal 12/70, with a round-pistol grip, side-by-side. The sidelocks are fully functional (not false sidelocks) and have a silver finish like the triggers. The barrels are 76cm long. The right barrel has 1/2 choke and the left full choke.
That's all that I know, but thank you for sharing your information.

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
Does your gun have single or double triggers? What is the stock type? Engraving? gauge? Barrel legnth? With the facts that we have now, there are several AyA guns that could fit.

It may be a #1,#2,#53,#56, XXV SL or some more models.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are the marks and particular characteristics of the gun:

12 gauge 2.3/4" shells
floral motif engraved
demi-block barrels
half choke in right barrel
full choke in left barrel
76 cm barrel lenght
Tested for 850 KGS
1590Gmos marqued in the left barrel underside
serial number 85076
silver finish in the lockwork and triggers
double trigger
rounded pistol grip (in Portugal we call it "half-pistol")
simple frontgrip (not beavertail)

This gun its a bit heavy and quite long. It's the only information I have and the purchage date of 1955.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.