Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

As noted on earlier thread I picked up a No2 yesterday, choke markings have me a little confused maybe some one could clarify for me?

As can be seen just back behind the forend hook is 18.3 stamped on both barrels which I assume is the nominal bore size? The top barrel in the pic (left barrel) has choke and 18 so I've assumed it was 0.3mm constriction. The bottom barrel (right) has choke 18.1 which I would have thought was .2m constriction but also has 18.5 underneath which is confusing me a little so has it actually had a finished bore size of 18.5mm and so then .04mm constriction?

I'll try and find someone nearby with the appropriate bore gauges to measure the actual internal dim and chokes but just curious as to the markings.

Publication Material property Rectangle Handwriting Cylinder

Here's a pic of the gun because we all love new gun pics ;)
Publication Material property Rectangle Handwriting Cylinder
Green Wood Rectangle Publication Wood stain

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looks like 0.008" in the tight barrel and 0.012" in the left barrel....IC and Light Modified....great for hunting or sporting clays...based on a delta of .2 mm and .3 mm on the barrel markings. Please post whet you get them miked.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Choke dimensions are visible on the right barrel 18.5 mm is the finished bore diameter, 18.1 mm is the choke - approximately .004 inch per 0.1 mm difference
Right Choke is 0.016 inch or light modified
Dimension 18.3 is the bore diameter at first viewing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts