Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. Back in 2005 I was one of the lucky individuals to purchase a SIG TR30 20 ga for a rock bottom price. At the time I was not sure about the gun but it's turned out to be a great gun and I use it for all my upland hunting - Ruffed Grouse, Woodcock, Sharp-tailed Grouse, Huns and even Pheasants. But I have been interested in purchasing a B. Rizzini Artemis Classic 16 ga on a "true" frame. I prefer 26" barrels with screw in chokes. Couple of challenges that have prevent this purchase from happening. First, and most important, I can't find a dealer in Minneapolis, MN or anywhere close to my home. Mentally I just can't get over the fact of buying a guy without having it in my hands first. Second, I've tried calling RizziniUSA but my experience with the person on the phone was less than helpful - I couldn't enen get a price range from the guy - he referred me to the dealer section of the website which it turns out those shops don't even carry Rizzini anymore. Third, I'm a die-hard upland hunter but I have little experience with purchasing guns (other than going to Cabela's and looking through the gun library). So, what may seem like a simple process for others I just don't know how to proceed. Any suggestions or thoughts?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pat

Did you call before or after Connecticut Shotgun took over the Rizzini line?

As far as the particular gun you describe that you are looking for, the only place I've seen that had one was William Larkin Moore in Phoenix. A while back I had been told they had some on order.

Don't know that this is still true since Connecticut Shotgun is now the exclusive importer.

If there isn't a dealer in your area about the only thing you can do is work something out with a dealer that has what you want that they will give you a full refund if you don't like the gun that you receive. You'll probably have to pay for return shipping. If they won't agree to that you probably shouldn't buy from them.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yeah I can understand wanting to handle a gun first, which is hard with the B. Rizzini. Now that Wiemann Arms in Mn. dropped off the face of the earth I think the next closest is Moe's Hardware in Black River Falls, Wi. is the closest. Moe's is great to deal with, you would never think of the place as a gun shop it truly is a hardware store. Yet I know people (I'm one) that will drive 200 miles to do business with them. Lowest price on guns you will find anywhere around. Been a year since I've been over there but they had several B. Rizzini guns and are\were a dealer. Pretty sure they will order one for you to look at first. Worth a call.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the delay but I ujust returned from Pheasant hunting in ND.

I called prior to this arrangement with Connecticut Shotgun becoming the importer. I'll try giving them a call and see if I can learn something from them. I'll also give W. Larkin Moore a call.

A couple of years ago I ran into one of the guys (I thought they were brothers running the shop) from Wiemann Arms at the shooting range. He just walked up to me after seeing I was shooting the SIG TR20 and we had a short discussion about B. Rizzini and he gave me a business card. But like you stated I can't seem to contact them so I figured they went out of business. I'll call Moe's Hardware - long drive but I would spend the time if they have or could order the gun. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.