Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just get this really cool Browning A5 Japanese Magnum and see on the internet the shop I got it from has a Remington Model 11 for about $200.00 less... :evil:
Coulda got a nice Wood & Blue REMINGTON instead?
I mean, HEY! I went IN THERE asking about that very thing!
( maybe they 'just' got it in after we were working the deal...nah! )
AR-rrrggh! I'm gonna have to go back and give 'em a bad time about that! :p
Maybe I'm gonna have to give 'em a down payment for a lay-away?!

So, what can you tell me about these Model 11's? 8)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Bus, you are beginning to see why people love these old works of art, A-5s, elevens, all machined parts, nothing stamped. You can buy a model 11 Remington for about 250 to 300, clean and oil it, maybe a spring or two and shoot another train load of shells, and still have a reliable gun to pass on to the next generation, how can you beat that?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went back to the shop, but because they'd just re-opened with a new name, I got them mixed up with the guys down the street... :oops: :oops: :oops:
They laughed about that.
But, they talked to me about my interest in the Model 11 anyway and even gave me a couple of tips on where I might find one!
That's why I've been going to the same shop for the last few years. They're good people and I appreciate that.

I didn't want to do a duplicate post, but I'll ask here anyway because you never know where the answer might come up.
Mostly, it was about the interchangability of any parts, including the stock/forend, between the A4 and Model 11.
That's what I wanted to know.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Bus, about the only sure items is recoil parts and springs, (5 shot standard). Remington had about four different tang lenghts on stocks, some 5 shot forends will fit, barrels will not, due to ejector shape, (Browning probably wanted it this way, no mag cutoff either). With a little patience, needed parts can be found.
I think quality and reliability is as good as A-5. also, dont shoot steel shot in these or Belgium A-5's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.