Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The back swivel on my A300 bugs me. I'll never use it. It always seems to catch when I put the gun into my gun sock.Does any body know of a cosmetically acceptable fix? I could just cut off the extension loop but what was left might look like crap. Has this been an issue for any other A300 owners and ,if so, how have you addressed it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Its just screwed in. Unscrew it and glue in a small wooden plug. A little sanding, some stain, and it's gone. Cost; about $2. Save it for when you do hunt with it and need to reninstall it. ( don't ask how I know )Just reverse process. Pretty simple. Shoot well...
This is assuming its a wooden stock. If its a synthetic stock, its still pretty simple. A rasp or grinder will make removal a quick task. Sand smooth and fill any irregularities with some JB Weld and re-sand. Touch up to taste with a permanent marker or other appropriately colored paint. Not rocket science.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.