Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This ought to burn a few brain cells.
Badger Gun Company. Break action. Patent date of Aug 12 1913.

Yikes! :twisted:

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
It is a hardware gun made by Stevens , I'm not sure for which store though..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, you're kind of scary.
Just visited a gent with 23 guns he wanted to offload. He must have spent the last 30 years collecting from the bargin bin. Off brands and what few name brands he had were broken. Ick. I'd never seen a shotgun with Kmart stamped into it before. He had all the department stores covered, Wards, Sears, Kmart. No rebadged "Sam Walton" Remington though... Maybe you would appreciate the list (I'll skip the rifles):
Savage 12 pump
Westernfield 175B
Stevens 124
New Haven (Mossberg) 495T?
Win 1911SL (only one that was fair)
KMart model 30 (Squire Bingham)
Iver Johnson Champion
Badger
Win 1200 (broken forearm wood)
New Haven 251C
and two "Richards" double barrel. One Belgian for sure, that one was totally broken. The other may have been the treasure. It was also marked Richards but was English (W. Richards London Laminated Steel) Too bad it was missing a hammer and in bad shape.

I recommended an auctioneer. He wanted to sell the lot and I didn't want to clutter my house with broken ones to get the few good ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a guessing game so I don't know. "Make me an offer." I'm always tempted to be a smarty and say "$1, why don't you talk me up from there" when I hear that.

It boiled down to a miss between what he had and what I collect. I'm more into surplus US military rifles. Old shotguns don't excite me too much. Other people like old shotguns and beat up Springfields don't excite them. 8)

I sent off to the CMP for a 1903, a 1903A3, and a Garand today. I'd rather have those three than the entire lot he had...

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I'm into shotguns and Mil Surp rifles(although not too much lately), it's the hunting rifles that don't usually grab my attention.....

I had opportunity to fire an unissued 03A3 a while back... sweet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts