Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a Baikal MP153 auto. Before purchasing, I looked at the various forums. Noting nothing bad, I decided to purchase one.

My results so far: In the first box of game loads (#6) I have cut my trigger finger twice pulling on the operating handle.
The gun is a maze of sharp edges. No problem, I spent a couple of hours, removing all of the knive edges. Virtually all of the machine cuts made on the receiver were left sharp. The ventilated sight on the barrel also has knife edges.

The gun also as has a power adjustment device that tightens or loosens a coiled spring. Unfortunately, the minimum adjustment still does not allow the gun to eject.

This gun is imported by EAA. I noticed that there were some reports by other gun purchasers that calls to EAA resulted in talking to "phone answerers" who knew nothing and would do nothing. Those people are still answering the phone.

However, I will persist. There must be somebody there that cares. If I find that person, I will report the name and phone number.

EAA's web site shows a magazine extension. That apparently is a "evil attachment", but there is no rational explanation as to why I can't get one. Interestingly enough, I can't find anyone else that has one. The threads on the standard magazine tube don't match 'merican stuff. Get I'll manufacture one. However, first contact with the ATF, resulted in no answer.

All this because I refused to buy a Remington 1100.

a bad taste in tapeople had

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hi, I bought a mp153 for my wife and it had no sharp edges at all. With most guns I guess you can have an odd situation.
As far as the not ejecting thing that's and easy fix. First put the gun back to the factory settings. The gun should not be adjusted unless you are using 3.5" mag loads or soft recoil loads. The gun has a special self regulating gas system. This gas system needs to be broken in. The loads you are shooting are not heavy enough to break it in. You need some heavy field loads, slugs or buckshot loads for about 50 to 100 rounds. I started with target loads and got odd ejection patterns so I emailed EAA and they set me right. I switched and did heavy field for 50, 10 slugs just for fun, and heavy target for 50. I have had no issues since the break in. Durring the break in time you may notice that the bolt will not lock back on the empty. This is normal and mine stopped this anoyance after a box of field loads. Also since the gun is shipped so far it comes with a large amount of grease in the action, clean it out and oil it (unless your dealer already did, mine did since it was on the floor).
As far as the extended mag EAA is a bit funny about the accessories that they import. They will not import any part that is not stock on the gun. When you try to talk to them about it they dance around it. I finally nailed someone down on it and he said they do not import high capacity devices for consumer retail only law enforcment. That is thier policy and that's that. I know it sucks but I am always looking for other resources.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi I just bought an MP153 and I took all of it apart to clean it. I took the gas system apart and I was wondering if I needed to set the coil in the same exact position it was before. I tightened it back to the factory setting height wise, but just wondering if the rotation will have any effect?

·
Registered
362 Posts
florida kid,

Just a suggestion, but try opening the instruction manual and reading the break-in instructions. You're supposed to run a couple of boxes of heavy loads through the gun during the break-in period.

There is a lot of important information in the instruction manual.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My MP153 works just fine. Cleaned it, oiled it, shot the break-in rounds, and now it shoots anything I put though it. No sharp edges or problems of any kind. Sometimes I get lucky but not often. :D

David.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.