Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an old 12g press and I am pretty sure it is a BAIR. It is single stage (don't know what model), and I am going to start reloading soon. Does anyone have info on these?

What I do know: Bair, I think, merged with Pacific many moons ago, and the name just went away. I think shot bushings and such are interchangeable with some Hornady stuff since I think they acquired Pacific. Does this sound close?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
Yup! I have 2 Bair 405 Honey Bairs myself. They are indeed forerunners of the Pacific/Hornady machines. Very good presses I'll add.

BP

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, everything seems to be there. Got it for ten bucks. We'll see if it was worth it.

JMV

·
Registered
169 Posts
Your reloader was made by a company owned by Harley Bair of Lincoln, Ne. I think he still lives in Lincoln. His company , to the beat of my knowledge was bought by Pacific. I have another Lincoln made reloader; a Behrens (12&16) that I got at a garage sale for $20. I have no information on it so if any of you have any inoformation , please post.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks. I wonder if I could contact Mr. Bair in Lincoln-maybe he has some info I could use. I am going to Lincoln on the 21st for two weeks as my wife is from there. I plan to shoot some pheasant and the like while I am there. I guess it's worth a shot.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts