Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Ah... I'm not a Mossy guy (and that's why I didn't speak up earlier), but aren't the 590A1 and SPX barrel dimensions slightly different from the 500/590?

I bring this up because a friend makes shotgun light mounts and he distinguishes his offerings between these models.
http://www.cdmgear.com/lightmounts.html

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
Yes it seems the only clamp for the Mossberg 590A1 is the Magpul!

I prefer the Mesa Tacticle, but it is not made for the A1

The 590A1 has a heavier barrel (thicker) than the regular 500!

I do have a BP Mill and lathe so will probably make my own one day when I have more time.

For now I guess the Magpul will have to do!

Thanks!!!

http://mesatactical.com/products/magazi ... 930-12-ga/

·
Registered
594 Posts
From the Magpul site. "Dedicated fit for the Remington 870 and Mossberg 500, 590, and Maverick shotguns with an extended mag tube."

As Gdubya said, the 590A1 is not the same as the 590. This is due to the heavy walled barrel that throws off the dimensions for a good fit to the barrel. Your mag tube needs to be 1" as well, as a larger tube will further throw things off. Can you make it look like it will fit? Yes, but the curves of the clamp need to match up to the curves of the barrel to be correct and a 590A1 IS different from a 590/500.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If the OP is still looking for a barrel/mag clamp, I still have the one that came with my Choate mag extension. I don't use or need it, and I will check the fit and function on my 590A1 and mail it to you for free if interested.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
adcard7 said:
If the OP is still looking for a barrel/mag clamp, I still have the one that came with my Choate mag extension. I don't use or need it, and I will check the fit and function on my 590A1 and mail it to you for free if interested.
Now that's what The Basement is truly all about: brothers (and sisters) helping each other out whenever possible. {hs#

adcard7, PM me if you'd like a VC Big Dome safety for that recent 870P of yours. I've got an extra NIB and I'd also ship it to you gratis; I've received past considerations from several forum members that I need to pay forward too.

·
Registered
185 Posts
GDubya said:
adcard7 said:
Now that's what The Basement is truly all about: brothers (and sisters) helping each other out whenever possible. {hs#

adcard7, PM me if you'd like a VC Big Dome safety for that recent 870P of yours. I've got an extra NIB and I'd also ship it to you gratis; I've received past considerations from several forum members that I need to pay forward too.
Appreciate it; pm sent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.