Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to mount a light on a Rem 870 without a magazine extension tube and would appreciate any suggestions as to barrel mounting clamps. I am also wondering if a light could survive the tremendous recoil if mounted directly to the barrel.

·
Registered
594 Posts
NYShooter said:
I would like to mount a light on a Rem 870 without a magazine extension tube and would appreciate any suggestions as to barrel mounting clamps. I am also wondering if a light could survive the tremendous recoil if mounted directly to the barrel.
Just about any clamp, including my own, will clamp to a barrel and hold the light where the magazine tube would normally be held. The recoil for the light mounted to the barrel would be the same as if it were mounted anywhere else. Make sure you don't use any kind of light with a filament because it won't take the stress. Use an LED. Mounting the light straight up and down is recommended over sideways because the recoil will cause the mount to slide down. Gravity, aided by recoil, does this. It would also block your bead sight in some cases.

Pictured below is a single mount with the laser, but any clamp (Tacstar, DMW, Mesa, can be mounted the same way). The light shown is a Xenon bulb. Don't use that. This is just an early sample picture that's been kicking around.

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
The MOD C has a place for a rail too. If you wanted a laser you could do a MOD C laser clamp an a rail. I just have a BMT and I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
NYShooter said:
I think the Mesa Tactical barrel clamp is what I am looking for. http://estore.websitepros.com/1891705/Detail.bok?no=421
If you decide to go with the Mesa, don't order it from Alamo Tactical. It will take you a minimum of a month to get it. They don't seem to keep stock on hand. I guess when you order something from them, they in turn order from the vendor of the item you order, and I guess it takes a couple of weeks for them to get it. Then it must take another couple of weeks to get it to you from Alamo. I don't understand what their problem is, but pretty much the majority of people on here that have ordered from them have either had to wait for a month or more for their order, or cancelled it after waiting for more than a few weeks, like i did. I won't order from them, ever.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Monkey said:
NYShooter said:
I think the Mesa Tactical barrel clamp is what I am looking for. http://estore.websitepros.com/1891705/Detail.bok?no=421
If you decide to go with the Mesa, don't order it from Alamo Tactical. It will take you a minimum of a month to get it.
Thanks for the tip! I was planning on ordering from Tactical Shotgunner. I have purchased several items from them and they are terrific, with excellent customer service and pricing. http://www.tacticalshotgunner.com/index.php

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.