Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my izh27 for 3 years and put around 2000 rnds. through it.
My question is how hard are the triggers to push to switch barrels? Mine is so hard I have to use my thumb to push it. This is no problem for trap or clays but in a hunting situation it is too slow to make the feature very useful.

I haven't looked myself yet but just thought I'd ask-- Is there any way to reduce the pressure needed to the point you could activate it with a forward push by the trigger finger ?

·
Registered
512 Posts
mine is hard too, i havent had the nee to swith with the trigger finger since when i shoulder the gun i manage to select the barrel with my thumb and have no problems taking the shots...
other thing is i hunt with chokes that dont have THAT much difference if u use uppr or lower choke :wink: if the case is that i tend to let the biird come in closer... :shock: and the drop it...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mine is pretty stiff,too. Personally, I never fool with it while hunting.
I think barrel selectors are way over hyped. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took the stock of and now I see a piece of flat spring steel right behind the trigger. this is the culprit, now I can't get the screw out.
I guess I will see if I can find some flat spring steel that isn't as strong as what's there now. If I ever find the steet then I can worry about getting the screw out
Btw thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took the stock of and now I see a piece of flat spring steel right behind the trigger. this is the culprit, now I can't get the screw out.
I guess I will see if I can find some flat spring steel that isn't as strong as what's there now. If I ever find the steet then I can worry about getting the screw out
Btw thanks for the responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts