Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started out with my first shotgun, a Mossberg cruiser mostly for the home, and fired it with target loads. Recoil not too bad. I would like to get one long barrel(all purpose) and I just ordered on E-BAY a standard wood stock/forend. The selection of barrels for the 6-shot are very confusing. I have found several 28" vent rib barrels(all new). One comes with C-Lect(imp cyl,mod,full) choke system, another is same type,but with ACCU-CHOKE tubes,again with 3-seperate chokes(imp cyl, mod,full), and finally the same barrel with only the mod-choke. Money wise, the range is about $35.00 difference.

At this point, I don't want to spend alot of money on this gun,seeing that it is my first shotgun, and want to see if I like it enough to get a nicer gun down the road.

I would at this time use it for target and skeet/trap shooting. Is this a good length for my purpose?

Most important, can you remove the choke(any) from the barrel, and shoot it like a cylinder bore with rifled slugs without doing damage to the muzzle of the barrel; if not, what if any choke can you use with a slug?

Sorry for such a long post! Thanks, Charlie

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Improved Cylinder is recomended.

As for shooting it without the choke, would you drive your car without any tires :lol:. Plus shooting without the choke can be dangerous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.