Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope it's okay to put this here. If not, the moderators can remove it.

For a long time I've worked to get more people into shooting. Recently, I ran across a man who had just started, but he was 46 years old, and he said he found it confusing and intimidating at every stage. He didn't know the difference between a rifle and a shotgun when he started last year, and now he owns 20 guns.

For almost a year I've been working on putting together a web site that would have videos teaching shooting and all kind of "stuff" about shooting, and it's up.

I made sure that all the safety videos were available to anyone. We also put a lot of the basic stuff in the "basic level" (FREE) category. Yes, there is a premium level which costs about what a box of shotshells does per month, but anyone can look at the free videos.

www.guntalk.tv is the web site.

We have Bryan Bilinski teaching wingshooting and gun fit. We have a series on skeet shooting, one on trap shooting, a bunch on the basics (what's the difference between a rifle and a shotgun?), as well as personal defense stuff. We kicked it off with 100 videos this month, and I plan to get to 500 within a year, and 1,000 in two years.

For anyone getting started, there are a number of safety videos (2 to 7 minutes each) there.

It's been much more work than I thought it would, and it took a lot of time that I could have spent at the range with a gun rather than a video camera. I hope it helps ease people into shooting.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Tom Gresham - What a great idea! I have always been a great believer in reading books as a way to accelerate the learning process, and while I love my library, a video - done well - can definitely add another dimension to the learning process. All the best of luck with your new venture, and thanks for giving all of us here a "heads-up" on your efforts.

Just a suggestion after having made a quick visit to your website: I clicked on "gun safety" and read your list of topics, all of which are free. If it would be possible to have tiered access to your site - register at no cost to be able to see the free Safety videos, and register as a full paying member for the rest of your offerings, that would allow everyone to experience the quality of your product before having to put money down. It would also be great from a public relations standpoint to become the "go-to" site for basic firearms safety. If it is as well done as you say, and free, I imagine you could also secure links from state-run hunter safety websites which would draw additional traffic. Just a thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SidelockSxS said:
Just a suggestion after having made a quick visit to your website: I clicked on "gun safety" and read your list of topics, all of which are free. If it would be possible to have tiered access to your site - register at no cost to be able to see the free Safety videos, and register as a full paying member for the rest of your offerings, that would allow everyone to experience the quality of your product before having to put money down. It would also be great from a public relations standpoint to become the "go-to" site for basic firearms safety. If it is as well done as you say, and free, I imagine you could also secure links from state-run hunter safety websites which would draw additional traffic. Just a thought.
Actually, that is exactly the structure. ALL the safety videos are available for free. A bunch of the others are available for free, too.

It just requires a signup for the basic membership, which is free. You can upgrade at any time to get full access.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Tom Gresham - Thanks for the quick response. Went back and finally saw the small "Free" at the bottom of the right hand Basic Membership panel. Cool. Watched the Four Rules of Firearm Safety, and they are as well presented as you say. Excellent. Maybe once your business takes off it can afford to become a SWF sponsor!

Thanks again to your entire crew for the introduction to GunTalkTV - it's a winner. Good luck with future efforts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.