Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I own a Beretta O/U with a vented rib and one bead. I am a novice, owned this shotgun for three or so years, and probably only go through less than 200 rounds a year in either trap, or on our land with a thrower. I am still not confident that I know exactly where I am supposed to place the bead relative to the target. Just using my logic, I would think that, assuming I am looking down the barrel at a perfect allignment (I would think this would suggest I am seeing no rib whatsoever, cheek on the stock, and just seeing the bead...) that if the bead were directly in front of the target - so that the bead was blocking the target.....I would still be aiming slightly high of the true center.

I understand I should be using targets to see how my specific shotgun patterns with my sighting, but I guess I am interested at what others do for positioning the bead relative to the target.

I also understand we are dealing with a "scatter" gun, and maybe the nuances of the bead position do not really matter.....but I guess I would rather know what the "perfect" sighting is first.....and then go from there.

Thanks in advance for any responses.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses so far...I am not looking at how to shoot properly - and I am assuming a stationary target. So in other words, pertend we are aiming at a target attached to a tree - and you were trying to sight your gun in. So now, my question about the bead positioning is this:

If the shotgun were mounted on a tripod, and you were looking down the barrel with correct mount with cheek on stock and just seeing a bead with no rib. if you were trying to hit the exact center of the target, would the bead be blocking the center circle exactly - or , just down/south of there, since the bead is slightly higher than the barrel plane?

Thanks again

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.