Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the advice of an experienced shooter I went looking this weekend for a pair of golf gloves to use when shooting trap.

I went to a golf specialty store and asked to be shown the gloves. I was taken to a large rack, and to my surprise almost all the packages had gloves only for the left hand. Moreover, the packages with right hand gloves did not match the style or color of the left hand gloves. I asked if there were any packages with both left and right hand gloves and the store clerk asked me why. I told him, "Because I hold my shotgun with both hands." You should have seen his jaw drop. He would not have been more surprised if I had grown a second head.

True story.

Guess this is what I get for living in New Jersey.

By the way, the leather golf gloves I got are the nicest gloves I have ever seen.

Lou

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
I don't get the point :oops:

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
I imagine one would get the same response looking for muddin' tires for one's Corvette

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pumpster said:
I don't get the point :oops:
Point is that in liberal New Jersey the clerk was shocked that anyone could possibly want anything having to do with a shotgun!

·
Registered
106 Posts
go to a sporting goods store, and you can find very thin leather batting gloves.

·
Registered
24,443 Posts
I use golf gloves and get mine at Dick's when they have a sale. I have also bought them at a golf-only store (here in FL we have a lot of those), so they have borh gloves to cover RH and LH folks. I haven't had any issues getting a matched pair in either type of store - they work great

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jpicks said:
go to a sporting goods store, and you can find very thin leather batting gloves.
I went first to my local Dick's, which is very gun friendly and has great ammo sales.

But I did not like the fit of the batting gloves. Moreover, I wanted light colored gloves that would not leave black dye in blond checkering.

Lou

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bushmaster1313 said:
On the advice of an experienced shooter I went looking this weekend for a pair of golf gloves to use when shooting trap.

I went to a golf specialty store and asked to be shown the gloves. I was taken to a large rack, and to my surprise almost all the packages had gloves only for the left hand. Moreover, the packages with right hand gloves did not match the style or color of the left hand gloves. I asked if there were any packages with both left and right hand gloves and the store clerk asked me why. I told him, "Because I hold my shotgun with both hands." You should have seen his jaw drop. He would not have been more surprised if I had grown a second head.

True story.

Guess this is what I get for living in New Jersey.

By the way, the leather golf gloves I got are the nicest gloves I have ever seen.

Lou
Having grown-up outside Philly and lived in North Jersey for a couple of years, I completely understand! Now living in Maine, I use LL Bean's leather shooting gloves, but I get the employee discount by having the GF buy them for me :wink: .

·
Premium Member
19,703 Posts
Here you go. Large selection of excellent quality gloves (that match) in many choices of colors and sizes. The prices are great too. Buy several pair and put the extras in a drawer. You'll need them sooner or later. Give some as gifts to your golfing (or shooting) friends. :D

http://www.mggolf.com/gloves.asp?ru=r&t ... pping=&f=g

1 - 13 of 13 Posts