Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what are the used for and is there a how to. I already sanded my stock and floated the barrel is the any tollerances on floating what should be the minimal distance from barrel to stock? I heard these 2 things can really improve the accuracy of a rifle im doing this on a mossberg 5000c 22-250 so im not to worried about screwing it up :wink:

·
Registered
120 Posts
jeepinjakear15 said:
I am wondering what are the used for and is there a how to. I already sanded my stock and floated the barrel is the any tollerances on floating what should be the minimal distance from barrel to stock? I heard these 2 things can really improve the accuracy of a rifle im doing this on a mossberg 5000c 22-250 so im not to worried about screwing it up :wink:
You should be able to slide a dollar bill or business card between the barrel and stock. Each rifle design takes a different bedding technique. On my 10/22 I use a bedding pillar at the screw hold down, bed the rear of the receiver and the first 2 inches of the barrel. rimfirecental.com has some good right ups on bedding with lots of photos, it may help you out on your Mossberg.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i can dollar bill it but it has a rough spot or 2 in gonna sand. I guess if i just float the barrel that should improve things a lil bit. I heated up and took off the factory front stock and at the moment trying to camo it up some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.