Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just getting into duck hunting and Im using my dads old A5 Browning which is all orignal and only shoots 2 3/4" shells. I want to get a semi auto camo gun that will shoot at least a 3" shell. I have looked at Charles Daly and Traditions brand guns which seem to be cheaply priced. Does anyone know if either of these guns are good for beginers or just junk?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I personaly would stay away from those two from what I hear ( I have no personal experience) they are cheaply built guns and you would be much happier with a used Remington or a used Mossberg 9200.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i haven't heard anything good about traditions or a CD. i'm personally going to buy a beretta in the next couple of weeks. If money is an issue you can get a camo pump remington 870 that can be chambered for 3 1/2 inch for around the same price as a CD or traditions auto loader. i also own a 11-87 rem and that gun has also worked well for me. i have never had a problem with it. i would just check the websites for all the different models that you my like then go in and check them out at a sporting goods store.

·
Registered
383 Posts
As i often say, dont group all the guns rebranders sell together. Go to their site and find out who makes the specific gun you are after. Some are good guns made by well known makers and some are made by 'exotic' makers that should not be trusted. ITS NOT HOW WELL YOU SHOOT, ITS HOW MUCH NOISE YOUR GUN MAKES.

·
Registered
541 Posts
He asked about the semi auto's. Would you buy the semi CD or Traditions. If you would you are a braver Man than I. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.