Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,773 Posts
McG... While the A5 may be capable of shooting slugs and this is not likely what you want to hear... It's a 1970 Belgian A5. Would you take a Cadillac out to go mud bogging?

My suggestion would be, go get yourself an 870 and shoot anything you care to through it, use it, drop it in the mud so you won't hold it with your knees. :lol: An 870 can take anything you care to do with it... while the A5 sits warmly at home...

If the chokes are right, you would have fun taking your A5 out to shoot skeet or SC. Or what it was made for, shooting doves, quail, pheasant...

I don't want to be the voice of gloom... but man that's a GREAT old gun, and it should be treated with care and respect.

bd

· Registered
4,773 Posts
I have a 20g Belgian, and stopped shooting 1320fps rounds through it because I could feel how hard the bolt was getting slammed back. The gun is much happier shooting lighter loads... Slugs. :shock: :roll:

bd

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.