Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and I have a question. I inherited my grandfathers 1970 Belgian Browning semi auto shot gun. Is this gun able to fire slugs as well as buck shot? I have a friend that told me that I may have to get an interchangeable barrel to fire slugs since the inside of barrel has coiling inside to propel the slug??? I was not sure of this, and was wondering if my gun is capable of interchangeable barrel or not.
Thank you,
Mark

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all of the replies. Yes this gun is a great gun and I did not realize what a prize it was until I brought it into a gun shop and both guys behind the counter wanted to buy it. As I said I am a newbie living in Central Texas now and I want to take up bird hunting as well as deer hunting. I realize the gun is great for bird hunting and I think that is what I will use for. My best friend has land in Illinois and said we can deer hunt with shot guns on his land using slugs and that is where all of this started. I may just buy another gun for that purpose. What a great forum and thanks for all of your great opinions.
Mark

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just FYI I pulled the gun out, and called a guy on the web David Condon Inc. They appraise firearms and sell booklets etc. He told me that my gun is not a A5 but a Double automatic Browning 12 ***** circa 1970. He said that my gun is more rare that A-5 and worth more. I just bought the original instruction booklet for the gun, which had been lost. I just wanted to clear this up since someone called it an A-5 earlier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.