Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a semi auto 28, does anyone have one they like for any particular reason? I'm leaning towards an Ethos but want to shoot one first if at all possible.

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
I couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
67 Posts
birdhunter39 said:
I have a Legacy 28. Awesome for birds. Not particularly fun for clays.
It took me a while to figure out the purpose of the Legacy 28, but it was absolutely clear once in the field! Great hunting gun.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
IMO no. it's just not the right frame. I think the Ethos might be a bit heavier.

TBH once you get near $2K for a sporting 28 i think the 686 gets the win. Big bonus is you don't have to bend over a bunch to get your empties for reloading.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm waiting a semi auto to help with recoil though. My nephew wants to shoot my SBE but the recoil smokes him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Browning 525 Field in 28 gauge. I enjoy using it for busting clays in my backyard, and it is a joy to shoot planted birds with over my GSP.

I was considering adding a Benelli Ultra Light 28 or Ethos to the mix. Would either of these have any more kick than my Browning 525?

I know they weight a bit less (525 is 6 lbs. 13 oz.), but my thought is the semi-auto function would absorb an offsetting amount of the recoil.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update, got an Ethos. It is incredibly fun. I put 400 rounds through the first day and had 0 issues. My mother, sister, and an 80 year old all shot it and loved it. There was too much recoil for an 8 year old though.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hollywood22 said:
Update, got an Ethos. It is incredibly fun. I put 400 rounds through the first day and had 0 issues. My mother, sister, and an 80 year old all shot it and loved it. There was too much recoil for an 8 year old though.
Congrats! They are a fun little gun to shoot!

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
Yeah, but it's nice to carry all day

1 - 15 of 15 Posts