Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to maybe buy a Benelli 828U in 20 gauge to hunt Quail and Grouse with. Before I make a purchase- I would like to get a review and some thoughts from some of you guys that own them.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
TMWilsoniv: IMO that seemed like a well balanced review from someone who admits to being a Benelli fan boy. Thanks for providing it.

·
Registered
28,050 Posts
johnnyo said:
Looking to maybe buy a Benelli 828U in 20 gauge to hunt Quail and Grouse with.
It is the ugliest, cheapest to make, worst designed O/U to appear in decades. Why anyone would want one is a mystery. There are many, many far superior choices . . . Beretta (who owns Benelli), Browning, Fabarm, etc., etc.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
RandyWakeman said:
johnnyo said:
It is the ugliest, cheapest to make, worst designed O/U to appear in decades. Why anyone would want one is a mystery. There are many, many far superior choices . . . Beretta (who owns Benelli), Browning, Fabarm, etc., etc.
They are ugly to say the least. I have shot a SBEll for god only nows how long and have always said it was the ugliest gun on the planet. (in it's defense though it has never let me down no matter the weather). I have a friend looking at one now, what design flaws are you speaking of ? Are the mechanics ok ? Just asking.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Moffett said:
RandyWakeman said:
johnnyo said:
They are ugly to say the least. I have shot a SBEll for god only nows how long and have always said it was the ugliest gun on the planet. (in it's defense though it has never let me down no matter the weather). I have a friend looking at one now, what design flaws are you speaking of ? Are the mechanics ok ? Just asking.

Take a look at the video provided by TMWilsoniv and your questions are answered in the last 1/3 of the video.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like I'll stick to my Beretta over and unders for hunting and sporting clays. The reviews didn't sound that good to me on the Benelli. Thanks for the replies!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts